Mt. Hope's Statement of Faith;
- The scriptures of the Old and New testaments, being given by divine inspiration are the words of God, the final and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- In the scriptures, God reveals Himself as the living and true God, creator of all things. Perfect in Love and righteous in all His ways, this One Person exists eternally as a trinity of persons. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- God made man in His own image that He might have fellowship with Him. Being estranged from God by his disobedience, sinful man is incapable of a right relationship with God apart from divine grace.
- The only mediator between God and man is Jesus Christ our Lord, God’s eternal son; who, as a man, fully shared and fulfilled our humanity in a life of perfect obedience.
- By His death in our place, Jesus revealed divine love and upheld divine justice, removing our guilt and reconciling us to God. Having risen bodily from the dead and ascending into heaven, He rules as Lord over all and intercedes for us as our great high priest.
- The Holy Spirit, through the proclamation of the gospel, renews our hearts, persuading us to repent of our sins and confess Jesus as Lord. By the same spirit, we are led to trust in divine mercy, whereby we are forgiven of all our sins, justified by faith through the merit of Christ our Savior, adopted into Gods family as His children and enabled so to live in the world that men may see our good works and glorify our Father who is in Heaven
- God, by His word and spirit, calls sinful men into the fellowship of Christ’s body. Thus, he creates the one holy universal and apostolic church. This church of Jesus Christ is united in bonds of love, endowed with the gifts of the spirit and summoned by Christ to preach the gospel, administer the ordinances of baptism and the Lords supper, and relieve human need and to strive for social justice.
- God’s redemptive purpose will be consummated by the return of Christ to raise the dead, judge all men and establish His glorious kingdom. Those who are apart from Christ shall be eternally separated from God’s presence, but the righteous shall live and reign with Him forever.